Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Two weeks to go...

In 2 weeks from today, I'll be on my way home...I can hardly believe it.  When I stepped off the plane in Francistown on June 12, I thought 2 months would never go by.  It's a bitter-sweet thought, really.  I can't wait to be home with my family and friends and see the mountains...but I will VERY much miss Francistown.  The people here have literally welcomed me with open arms.  In today's Gospel reading, Jesus talked about who his family is...the people here have made me part of their family.  They've not only welcomed me into their church, but into their homes and hearts as well.  I will miss them terribly, but I also know I will come back one day.

I hope anyone reading this will seriously consider coming here to Botswana...not just to visit, but to have their own missionary experience.  The harvest is ripe here, and the people waiting for someone to reach out to them.  I hope I have opened a door for others...I promise that if you come with an open heart and an open mind, you will have an experience you will not soon forget.  Think about it...pray about it.  As Sr. Maria in Reno told me, Botswana called my heart...is it calling yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment