Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Corn dogs and apples...

So, I did celebrate my 26th birthday here in Botswana, and it was fun.  I didn't expect it to really be much of a big deal, but Fr. Sylvester got really excited about it, and before I knew, we were having a small party.

A couple of weeks ago, I was approached by a friend here in the parish who asked me if I could make her an American food that she has always wanted to try...I expected something complicated or fancy...she said "corn dogs."  LOL I couldn't stop laughing!  So, I decided to make corn dogs for my birthday dinner.  I also made Apple Charlotte with Rooibos creme anglaise for dessert.  The corn dogs were delicious!  She said that I made her year.  She even called her cousin (who apparently shared her desire to try corn dogs) to tell her lol.  It is truly the simple things in life...  The Apple Charlotte was pretty good.  I think I left it in the oven too long and it got a little dry.  But thanks to the anglaise, it was also delicious!  The sisters gave me a book and a key chain and Fr. Sylvester bought me a mug with pictures of the wildlife on it.  I had a blast!  It was a very nice and pleasant birthday :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment