Monday, August 6, 2012

Ke a Leboga, Francistown...

My two months in Botswana has come to an end...I can hardly believe it.  To be honest, my leaving Francistown has been quite bittersweet.  Of course I am excited to be home, but I also have felt so at home here that I feel I am leaving home.  The people here have literally welcomed me into their hearts.  I have never felt a stranger among them.  Their good-byes and well wishes, and even gifts, have been so overwhelming to me.  After all, I've only been here 2 months, and yet I almost can't imagine a day without them, and many here have expressed the same to me. 

The affect this has had on me is tangible...I know I am a different person because of the time I have spent here, and I know part of my heart will remain in Francistown.  I hope I get to come back one day, sooner than later, and see them again: my Batswana family.

I hope I get to share my experiences here with all of you in person.  I ask you to pray for the people of Francistown, Botswana, and also in a special way for the Seminarian Board of the Diocese of Reno.  If they had not said "Yes," I would not be here right now.

I also ask you to seriously consider coming to Botswana for your own voluntary experience.  The people will LOVE YOU and you will never be the same.

I will see you all very soon...



Ke a leboga, Francistown.  Ke a lorato.

No comments:

Post a Comment